Children's Church AKA God's Gifts Ministry every 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Sunday
This Week's Lesson
GIVING GIFTS OF HONOR
HOME DAILY BIBLE READING
Monday - December 18: "God Saves Moses" (Exodus 1:22-2:10)
Tuesday - December 19: "Light to the Nations" (Isaiah 42:1-9)
Wednesday - December 20: "A Peaceful Ruler from Bethlehem" (Micah 5:1-5)
Thursday - December 21 : "Faithful to God's Plan" (Matthew 1:18-25)
Friday - December 22: "Escape for Family: Massacre of Infants" (Matthew 2:13-18)
Saturday - December 23: "Holy Family Settles in Nazareth" (Matthew 2:19-23)
Sunday - December 24: "Wise Men seek then Worship Jesusr" (Matthew 2:1-12)
Sunday School Department
Purpose: provide Biblical instruction to all age groups and encourage students to apply Biblical principles in their daily living, reach persons for Christ and invite them to church membership, instruct students in the history and the denominational doctrines of the church, and offer students opportunities for fellowship, recreation and the expression of their talents.
1. Provide teachers and assistants for all age groups utilizing a teaching pool for assistants.
2. Expand use of audio-visual aids (DVD's CD's, Power Point, maps) – This can only be achieved with more classroom space, equipment, and more classroom time.
3. Advertise the Sunday School (website, flyers, personal contacts, students rewarded for bringing unchurched guests consistently, etc.)
4. Participate in the annual student promotion and recognition day.
5. Provide healthy after Sunday School snacks for the children and breakfast for all students once a month.
6. Conduct quarterly staff meeting and onsite training.
7. Provide offsite training twice a year for all staff members.
8. Encourage daily reading and devotion time for students through weekly home activities. Rewards will be given for successful completion of these activities.
9. Conduct a Bible Bowl for all students after each quarterly study.
10. Implement plays, skits, music, etc., in order to reinforce learning.
11. Redefine Perfect Attendance Program
12. Hold Teachers and Staff Appreciation Luncheon at end of fiscal year.
Purpose: To nurture the spiritual and emotional development of women and equip them for a life of service to their church and community.
1. To become involved in prayer meeting and noon day prayer.2. Include the study of the Word relative to our current life situations.3. Attend seminars and workshops that will help to develop our walk as Christian Women.4. Encourage all women to become more involved in Bethel Baptist Association activities, services, and functions.5. Continue to support mission efforts through our assocations and conventions6. Hold food drives as needed for the in-house members, Salvation Army, and Food Bank.7. Seek God's guidance for two new ministries to add this year that will support our purpose.
8. Continue to scheduled planned evangelism efforts.
9. Continue to support non-atttending and incarcerated members.
10. Sponsor quarterly senioor fellowship events.
End of Year Fellowship: December 9, 2018
Meeting Dates: January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 19, June 9, July 14, August 11, September 8, October 13, November 10
End of Year Fellowship 2019: December 8
Current Study: Prayer
Reference: "What Happens When Women Pray?" by Evelyn Christenson
Page 1 of 2
Sunday 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Church School
11:00 AM Worship Service
Wednesday 6:50 PM Mid-Week Prayer and Bible Study
Thursday 12:00 PM Noon Day Prayer