This Week's Lesson
PROMISES TO REMEMBER
HOME DAILY BIBLE READING
(November 20-26, 2017)
Monday - Novermber 20: "Christ Our Creator, Savior, Peacemaker" (Colossians 1:9-20)
Tuesday - November 21: "Mealtime, Foretaste of the Lord's Supper" (1Corinthians 11:17-22)
Wednesday - November 22: "Keeping the Faith Entrusted to You" (Jude 1-4, 17-25)
Thursday - November 23: "Preparing to Share the Passover Meal" (Mark 14:12-16)
Friday - November 24: "Jesus Celebrates with Bread and Cup" (Mark 14:22-25)
Saturday - November 25: "Participating in Spiritual Worship" (Romans 12:1-8)
Sunday - November 26: "Observing the Lord's Supper" (1 Corinthians 11:23-34)
Sunday School Department
Purpose: provide Biblical instruction to all age groups and encourage students to apply Biblical principles in their daily living, reach persons for Christ and invite them to church membership, instruct students in the history and the denominational doctrines of the church, and offer students opportunities for fellowship, recreation and the expression of their talents.
1. Provide teachers and assistants for all age groups utilizing a teaching pool for assistants.
2. Expand use of audio-visual aids (DVD's CD's, Power Point, maps) – This can only be achieved with more classroom space, equipment, and more classroom time.
3. Advertise the Sunday School (website, flyers, personal contacts, students rewarded for bringing unchurched guests consistently, etc.)
4. Participate in the annual student promotion and recognition day.
5. Provide healthy after Sunday School snacks for the children and breakfast for all students once a month.
6. Conduct quarterly staff meeting and onsite training.
7. Provide offsite training twice a year for all staff members.
8. Encourage daily reading and devotion time for students through weekly home activities. Rewards will be given for successful completion of these activities.
9. Conduct a Bible Bowl for all students after each quarterly study.
10. Implement plays, skits, music, etc., in order to reinforce learning.
11. Redefine Perfect Attendance Program
12. Hold Teachers and Staff Appreciation Luncheon at end of fiscal year.
Purpose: To nurture the spiritual and emotional development of women and equip them for a life of service to their church and community.
1. To become involved in prayer meeting and noon day prayer.2. Include the study of the Word relative to our current life situations.3. Attend seminars and workshops that will help to develop our walk as Christian Women.4. Attend the Holy Land Experience in Orlando, FL this year during a meaningful time of year.5. Encourage all women to become more involved in Bethel Baptist Association activities, services, and functions.6. Continue to support Mother's Love Day Care7. Hold food drives as needed for the in-house members, Salvation Army, and Food Bank.8. Seek God guidance for two new ministries to add this year that will support our purpose.
Meeting Dates: May 15, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, October 9, November 13, December 11
Current Study: Evangelism
Reference: Let's God Soul Winning
Purpose:Plan and implement activities to promote the spiritual development, offer fellowship & recreational opportunities and to generally prepare the youth to live victorious lives in Christ.
Read more ...
Sunday 9:30 AM Sunday Morning Church School
11:00 AM Worship Service
Wednesday 6:50 PM Mid-Week Service
Thursday 12:00 PM Noon Day Prayer