This Week's Lesson
SPEAK THE TRUTH ANYWAY
HOME DAILY BIBLE READING
(JULY 17-23, 2017)
Monday - July 17 : "Ezekiel, the Lord's Messager" (Ezekiel 2:1-7)
Tuesday - July 18: "Words of Lamentation, Morning, Woe" (Ezekiel 2:8-10)
Wednesday - July 19 "Eat the Scroll and Prophesy" (Revelation 10:8-11)
Thursday - July 20: "Written Edict Stops Jewish Calamity " (Esther 8:7-10)
Friday - July 21: "Sentinel Must Convey God's Message'" (Ezekiel 3:12-21)
Saturday - July 22: "Israel Exalted at Last" (Ezekiel 17:22-24)
Sunday - July 23: "Ezekiel's Call to Speak" (Ezekiel 3:1-11)
Sunday School Department
Purpose: provide Biblical instruction to all age groups and encourage students to apply Biblical principles in their daily living, reach persons for Christ and invite them to church membership, instruct students in the history and the denominational doctrines of the church, and offer students opportunities for fellowship, recreation and the expression of their talents.
1. Provide teachers and assistants for all age groups utilizing a teaching pool for assistants.
2. Expand use of audio-visual aids (DVD's CD's, Power Point, maps) – This can only be achieved with more classroom space, equipment, and more classroom time.
3. Advertise the Sunday School (website, flyers, personal contacts, students rewarded for bringing unchurched guests consistently, etc.)
4. Participate in the annual student promotion and recognition day.
5. Provide healthy after Sunday School snacks for the children and breakfast for all students once a month.
6. Conduct quarterly staff meeting and onsite training.
7. Provide offsite training twice a year for all staff members.
8. Encourage daily reading and devotion time for students through weekly home activities. Rewards will be given for successful completion of these activities.
9. Conduct a Bible Bowl for all students after each quarterly study.
10. Implement plays, skits, music, etc., in order to reinforce learning.
11. Redefine Perfect Attendance Program
12. Hold Teachers and Staff Appreciation Luncheon at end of fiscal year.