GIVING GIFTS OF HONOR
HOME DAILY BIBLE READING
Monday – December 18: “God Saves Moses” (Exodus 1:22-2:10)
Tuesday – December 19: “Light to the Nations” (Isaiah 42:1-9)
Wednesday – December 20: “A Peaceful Ruler from Bethlehem” (Micah 5:1-5)
Thursday – December 21 : “Faithful to God’s Plan” (Matthew 1:18-25)
Friday – December 22: “Escape for Family: Massacre of Infants” (Matthew 2:13-18)
Saturday – December 23: “Holy Family Settles in Nazareth” (Matthew 2:19-23)
Sunday – December 24: “Wise Men seek then Worship Jesusr” (Matthew 2:1-12)
Sunday School Department
Purpose: provide Biblical instruction to all age groups and encourage students to apply Biblical principles in their daily living, reach persons for Christ and invite them to church membership, instruct students in the history and the denominational doctrines of the church, and offer students opportunities for fellowship, recreation and the expression of their talents.
1. Provide teachers and assistants for all age groups utilizing a teaching pool for assistants.
2. Expand use of audio-visual aids (DVD’s CD’s, Power Point, maps) – This can only be achieved with more classroom space, equipment, and more classroom time.
3. Advertise the Sunday School (website, flyers, personal contacts, students rewarded for bringing unchurched guests consistently, etc.)
4. Participate in the annual student promotion and recognition day.
5. Provide healthy after Sunday School snacks for the children and breakfast for all students once a month.
6. Conduct quarterly staff meeting and onsite training.
7. Provide offsite training twice a year for all staff members.
8. Encourage daily reading and devotion time for students through weekly home activities. Rewards will be given for successful completion of these activities.
9. Conduct a Bible Bowl for all students after each quarterly study.
10. Implement plays, skits, music, etc., in order to reinforce learning.
11. Redefine Perfect Attendance Program
12. Hold Teachers and Staff Appreciation Luncheon at end of fiscal year.